Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tomatoes....

I'm up to 14 different varieties of tomatoes seedlings! Two of these are heritage varieties that aren't available commercially that my MIL picked up at a seed exchange in Salmon Arm. Also a couple, three or so, heritage varieties that I got from Dan McMurray in Wynndel. We are quite looking forward to seeing how all these turn out! I did a head count, we have 144 tomato seedlings. Yikes! I just CAN'T not grow them once they have sprouted so we end up with way too many, way. Maybe we can offer the extras for sale? A buck a babied plant?? Don't know where though as the Farmers' Market doesn't start til mid-June. Hmmmm....

And I'm not counting the lettuce plants, no way. The extras are heading out to the farm so I don't need to worry :o) And the mass of cabbage, broccoli, spinach, and chard???? Well they were an experiment, I don't have to worry about them either, worse comes to worse, off to the farm with them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment